Off topic: Universal Fuel Pump...

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Off topic: Universal Fuel Pump...
From: "bjshov8" <bjshov8@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:46:32 -0500
> So back to the topic - I'd rather pay more money for a really good product
> than buy something cheaper that craps out after less than 3 years and had
> a 2
> year guarantee.

I agree, but in some areas it is hard to do these days, at least in some
product lines.

> It was a joke I know Siemens is German.  I'm not expecting the washing
> machine will last 10 years but with a 10 year guarantee I'll be pleased if
> I can get
> 5 or 6 years out of (with warranty work).

In 1979 I bought a Sears washer and dryer.  They were still running fine
past 1991 when they went to a new owner.  In 1993 I bought another Sears
washer and dryer, and they are still running fine, and my wife seems to do a
LOT of laundry.