Re: 1275 motor

To: "Larry Pitts" <FUZZY95687@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 1275 motor
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:29:21 -0700
Larry,

I got a complete one from a junkyard in very poor shape for $160.  Didn't
turn over and needed three sleeves.

Machining costs were $851
Crank ground and polished, rods resized, new pistons fitted, block cleaned,
sleeved, decked, and rebored, new cam bearings installed, lined bored.
Head magnafluxed, hardened seats installed and ground, surfaced.  Flywheel
surfaced.

By the time you figue in all the new parts, pistons, gaskets, valves,
guides, bearings, water pump, cam, etc., a 1275 in perfect condition will
cost you about $1500.  If the pistons and cam are good, you will spend a bit
less.  But if you want a good dependable motor that will give years of
trouble free service, you shouldn't spend much less.

Any of you out there paying less for that much machining, send me the name
and address of the guy that will be my new machinist.

Glen