Re: Steering wheel removal secrets

To: Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel removal secrets
From: Chris K <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 18:22:18 -0400
I've had success witht hemethod recommended by (I think) Frank C.

Pull back as hard as you can with your knees at the bottom of the wheel
and your left hand at the top.
Take a BFH in your right hand and cream the end of the steering shaft as
hard as you can.
(Reverse hands if you're left-handed, of course.)

Also, leave the nut on the shaft.  Just back it off so that there's a
tiny bit of clearance between the nut and the wheel.  Otherwise you'll
be looking at a trip to the dentist to remove the steering wheel from
between your teeth.

Chris K (the other one)