Help! Midget Transmission Noise, and New Rotor Install

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help! Midget Transmission Noise, and New Rotor Install
From: "John Roberts" <robe3099@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 00:38:10 -0500
Hello Listers!

2 quick questions before a nice working weekend gets underway.

1)  When my newly rebuilt '71 1275 Midget took its first spin around the cul
de sac, it made a grinding noise as it sped up.  The sound was very similar
to the noise a transmission makes when it is in reverse and you speed up.
Any ideas what could be causing it?  Do I need to check the oil level in the
transmission?  Add oil?  Where do you add oil?

2)  I purchased new rotors to replace the badly worn, rusty old ones on
there now.  Do I need some type of specialized tool to remove the old
rotors?  A hub puller or something?

Thanks so much for your help!

John Roberts
Birmingham, AL