Innocenti Power

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Innocenti Power
From: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 19:35:34 -0400
Interesting Innocenti day.

A friend of mine calls me from a car show to tell me that a gal rushed
over to his Mini Traveler as he was pulling-in with the usual
exclamations that she had Minis of her own years ago as well as other
sports cars, such as Innocenti Spiders! Peter responds to tell her that
he has a friend who has several. It took him a minute to convince her
because she didn't even think anyone knew what they were, etc. etc.

This was a call I received on my cell phone while on the way to pick up
an Innocenti engine.

When I bought my first Innocenti-S back in 1993, the seller had removed
the engine to put into a Sprite Mk III he was selling. The buyer and I
kept in touch over the years but he was never ready to part with the
engine because, well, he had no reason to. It ran fine. I made offers
over the years to find him a 1275 or to swap the one from my restored
Innocenti-950, but he was happy with what he had.

Last week he calls me to tell me he built a 1275 and wants to sell the
Innocenti engine. So we go up there this morning, load it up, and bring
it back to Innocentiville.

Here, I have to interject that six months ago a friend sold me another
Innocenti 1098 from an Innocenti-S that he parted out about 20 years
ago. So I slide the engine down the gang-plank and into it's position
next to the other engine and I have to check the number plates.

Are you ready? The numbers are 7 numbers from each other. How much of a
coincidence is that!?

So I have the original engine that belongs in my first Innocenti-S after
13 years. So all is well in Innocentiville.

Ciao!
--

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct <http://home.ix.netcom.com/%7Etype79/>