Re: Very high oil pressure.

To: "Bill Miller (LBC's)" <lbcs@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Very high oil pressure.
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:50:42 -0700
Hi Bill,

Never did find the exact cause, but did manage to tame it by using a 1/2"
ball bearing instead of the thimble, cutting the new spring a tad shorter
and stacking a couple of specially turned washers under the spring nut.  Got
it down to about 65 psi at start up and about 45 psi at warm running.

I've got another engine about ready for the test stand that I've done all
the same things to on a rebuild.  Will be most curious to see what the
cranking pressure will be.  I now have a 200PSI gauge!  Blowing out the
cheapies with high pressure isn't the way to go!!

Later, Paul A