Re: Pin strip removal

To: wmgilroy@gmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pin strip removal
From: Chucknsueo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 05:51:59 EDT
The guy that painted my Healey swore that oven cleaner was the best stuff
for removing adhesive stripes.  He did caution that you can't leave it on  the
car very long.

Chuck Ott
BJ8, BT7, AN9

My Midget has some thin vinyl pin striping.  I have been removing it  with a
heat gun and razor blade.  That leaves an adhesive residue.   Paint thinner,
Final Kleen and Goo-Gone have no effect on the adhesive  .  Carb cleaner and
a scotch-brite will remove the adhesive .   Seems to work but a bit slow.
Anybody have a better  method?

Gilroy