Re: Trip to Iola (now starting problem)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Dan Gillitzer" <dang@ticon.net>
Subject: Re: Trip to Iola (now starting problem)
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:36:11 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Gillitzer" <dang@ticon.net>

Jim (and listeristi)
OK, checked it out. Before touching anything, I just threw the VOM on the
pos (grd) terminal, and on the engine, I just used a nut the holds the gen
in place (nice shiny new nut) and got .1 ohms resistance, so pretty good
ground. Rechecked the Pos terminal nut and the bolt holding the grd lead to
the firewall, nice and tight, then checked the ground strap on the
bellhousing, both sides tight. Took the cover off the regulator, looks OK,
don't know what everything does yet, but no obvious problems there. Is there
a quick and dirty way to know if it might be the generator or the regulator?
Dan
=============================

Dan,

One of the things I brought along on my trip to Baltimore was a battery
jump-starter.  Mine was made by Schumacher (the company that makes battery
chargers) and is quite small and light.  I picked it up for $50 at Auto
Zone.  That's pretty cheap insurance.

I brought it along to Iola when PPP told me you were having battery
problems, but I thought you had that straightened out or I would have let
you take it home with you.  But, then, I guess Peter does a good job of
pushing you down the street.  So, either pick one up and carry it until you
know your problem is licked -- or take Peter with you wherever you go,
which, of course, would be cheaper.

LD