Re: Bugeye Group..... Ive got money for the 50th

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye Group..... Ive got money for the 50th
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:30:28 -0500
On 7/15/06, b-evans@earthlink.net <b-evans@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Max Harrison wrote:  "If you need a place to have the 50th and the
> people to organize it, I have a tenative offer from the local Chamber
> and a possible $5000
> donation from the City Advertising and Tourism Promotion Commission
> toward the cost of putting it on."

Hmmmm.   Things are kind of getting fragmented here.  I never saw
Max's post. Was it on a list I don't subscribe to?  As an MG Midget
owner I subscribe to the MG stuff and, midgetsprite, and the Spridget
list. While the Sprite was certainly the forefather here, the Midgets
are important too, are they not?

Point is, it seems that one of the difficulties in getting agreement
here is that we are not all seeing the same stuff. If discussion were
kept to the Spridget50th list we might actually have a chance of
coming to some agreement.

FWIW, I have saved all the previous discussions and do recall the
discussion of BlackHawk and Davenport however, I don't see anything in
my archives about it being decided and carved in stone. Unless that
happened on another list that I am not privy to...??

I tried to help organize things before and was pretty much told to
"butt out" so I did. I was told that there was already a committee set
up so I have been anxiously awaiting to see what that committee has
come up with so I can volunteer to help. To date...  Nada.  If that
"committee of the anointed" doesn't come up with some guide lines
pretty darned soon I get the feeling there won't be anything unified
and worthwhile happening.

When ya'll get all this infighting and back-biting sorted out, let me
know what you want me to do, will ya?    ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City