RE: Critter removal from LBC space?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Critter removal from LBC space?
From: Dave Grandeffo <davegran@ticon.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:33:06 -0500
Ron Soave wrote:

> Out to the garage early this AM to do some work while
> the thermometer is still reading in the double digits,
> a chipmunk who has been hanging around my car trailer
> decided to waltz into the garage and take up residence
> behind some cabinets.  I was retorquing a cylinder
> head, and every time I looked up he was looking at me,
> but retreated with any other movement.  I brought in
> Simba the Wonderdog (as in "I Wonder what he does all
> day), Sims finally gets a glimpse of him.  While I am
> yelling "Pee! Sh!t! Do SOMETHING to mark your
> territory!", Simba seems to be looking around for
> beers and a checkerboard to play with his new friend.
> I don't have a cat, discharging a weapon in the garage
> isn't a good idea.  Any ideas out there to usher this
> thing out of my garage or this world entirely?
>
> Ron

Ron,
These little beasts are bad news; they will eat wiring! They also get
accustomed to people and don't scare out. If you're a PETA member, leave
a window open and he may find his way out; but he'll be back!

If you can't take a shot, and you don't mind a grisly scene, try one of
those big spring-type rat traps with some yummy bait such as birdseeds
or nuts. Maybe put the fresh remains in Simba's dish to give him the
idea.... My last dog would snarf these up like hors d'oeuvres, bless his
soul. Happy hunting!

--
Dave Grandeffo
www.kettlemorainemotorsports.com