Re: Religious Nuts With Guns?

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Religious Nuts With Guns?
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:51:31 -0700
> derf wrote:  Yeah, I know.  Low LBC content.  Those pesky Pilgrims
> came over here to worship.  Washington, Franklin, Adams, etc., etc.,
> were all Christians.  "Under God"... and all that. You have historical
> evidence that says the Pilgrims didn't come over here for religious
> freedom?

Alas, another innocent child led astray.  Because they were religious,
does not make them, as you asserted, "nuts".  Oh, in the late 1960's and
well into the 1980's, it was a popular way to portray those who first
settled, and then struck out for independence.  You see, the historical
profession had been captured by those of a different suasion opposed to
the role of religion.  The result was the way a couple of generations
were taught.

No, I am afraid that your assertion that, "THIS country was founded by
religious nuts with guns," was a little silly and testifies to a sad
lack of understanding of history.

I would remind you that you are the direct beneficiary of those
religious beliefs upon which the nation was founded.  They include
remarkable one that is generally overlooked and forgotten, the religious
belief that all of the people should be educated and public expense.

Buster Evans