Re: Fuel tank sloshing

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel tank sloshing
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:29:05 -0400
Phil

A handful of nuts and bolts and some water and hand slushing should get
rid of any loose rust.
Use metal instead of stones cause you might need a magnet to get the
last nut or 2 out. That won't work with a rock ;)

If you want, you can boil it out at home if you have a gas bar-b-que.
Remove the sending unit, fill 3/4 with water and let it simmer for an
hour or so. Any sludge will float to the top. Follow with a handfull of
nuts and bolts and a vigorous shaking.
This worked for me a few times. The A40 had 3" of mung caked up inside
the tank. No A40 tanks anywhere so I boiled it and it was good as new.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ