Re: [midgetsprite] CLUTCH CLUES found !! Midget 74

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] CLUTCH CLUES found !! Midget 74
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 08:02:30 -0500
You should not use DOT 3, but rather, Tag body spray. I can just see a
commercial of you working on the clutch, and needing someone to come
and pump the pedal. A couple of busty, bikini clad women show up,
allegedly attracted by your pheromone enhanced scent. Your clutch is
bled to perfection, and a wet bikini car wash/contest ensues with lots
of bubbles and you in the middle of all this female attention. Plus,
you car is washed and running again.
This would be more effective you are above 55 years of age.
Ok, morning fantasy session over. Pardon my forgetful nature, did you
buy this car with this issue, or have you already done some work to
it? If you bought it this way, perhaps you have throw out bushing
issues. When I was working on my first 72 Midget, it would not shift.
I pulled the motor and transmission, only to find masses of black
hairy fibers matted all over the pressure plate and inside the bell
housing. It appears that the DPO was not aware that you MUST NOT keep
the clutch pressed in while sitting at a stop. A quick change of the
throwout BUSHING, and motor and tranny back in. Now I can shift, but
no forward movement, ended up buying another transmission to cure it.
But I learned early on, and never forgot, the damage that is done from
riding the clutch pedal.

Brad

--
www.myspace.com/tequilabrad