Rear hub info needed

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear hub info needed
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 22:39:40 -0700
As FROG AYE goes back together I have a question about play in the rear
hubs.

The left side tightened up nicely and seem so have no play.  On the right,
however, I have torqued the nut up to over 180 ft-lbs and there  is still
play in the new bearing.  I am wary of tightening it any more as I would NOT
like to strip the threads on either the nut or the banjo axle.  How snug
should these bearings be?  When the half shaft goes in and is tightened does
it take up the play?.  Should I just put it back together loose and wait
'till the Buster Cluster to check it out?

Hal