Re: No lbc - digital pic / website question

To: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: No lbc - digital pic / website question
From: Rick Snover <ricksnover@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 13:42:33 -0700
At 11:46 AM 8/7/2006, Jay Fishbein wrote:
>Does anyone know how, or if, the file size of a digital pic can be reduced?
>I've run out of space for my website and am wondering if I can reduce
>the rsolution of some of the current pics used on the site.

You might not need to actually reduce the resolution. Increasing the JPEG
compression ration might do the trick for you.

Either way, I use PaintShop Pro (download free 30-day trial at
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Trials/Login&pid=1047025487586&cid=1047025490241&trkid=msnpspx).

A lot of folks pay the big bucks and use Adobe PhotoShop.

Both of those are very powerful, and therefore complex applications. There
used to be several free/shareware applications that were much simpler, but
I haven't been paying attention in that area since I bought my PaintShop
Pro license I few years ago.

Good luck,
Rick