Clueless in LA

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clueless in LA
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:27:27 -0500
I'm recovering the seats in my bug-eye.  Has this process been documented
anywhere?  The seat backs aren't too big a deal, as I have the old covers to
use as a guide and I learned a lot when I took them off.  The seat bottoms
are a different story.  Basically, all the parts are new and I haven't a
clue how this all goes together.  I'm hoping this has been documented and
lives on a website somewhere, or is available in a restoration guidebook.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also need a template or dimensions for the wooden spacers that fit under
the seats.  I prefer to make them myself (I'm a better woodworker that
mechanic), but I have no idea on the size.

Final question (for the moment):  what kind of nut holds the seat back to
the base?  Surely it is some sort of cap.  Another of the many minor parts I
am missing.

Thanks!

Jim Pickard
B9473298 ('65 Tiger)