Re: Dieseling problem

To: "Mike Rivers" <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dieseling problem
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 17:59:43 -0700
Hi Mike,

You've got something that's too hot in the combustion chamber and/or too
much fuel mix coming in at idle.

A couple of ways to shut off the engine is to put it in 4th gear, (Straight
lock-up) and as you turn off the key, let out the clutch.  It'll stop it
from run-on.

The other way is when you get ready to shut it off, blip the throttle pretty
good a couple of times and turn off the key at the time you've given it the
second blip.

Our old cars don't have idle circuit cut offs or solenoids under the carb
idle screw, let alone FI shut down!!!  Old cars frequently had run-on
problems and the 2 above are just an old time fix for the idiosyncrasies of
our old cars.

Later, Paul A