Diagnostics Part 2

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diagnostics Part 2
From: Kristi & Lambert <kristi74midget@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:18:26 -0400
Okay well after much trial and error (more error than trial) Lambert
and I finally figured out the problem with Mini Lee not starting.  We
replaced the wire going from the coil to the dizzy and the wire
inside the dizzy that was soldered and now she starts.  Now the
problem is that while she was running there was a puff of smoke that
came from the front carb.  I turned off the car then tried to start
her again.  She started but again we had the puff of smoke.  It is
coming from somewhere around the front carb.  I think they are the
dual SU's but I am still a little unsure of that.    I refuse to
drive a car that is puffing smoke around the fuel lines.  Already had
a car on fire once not willing to do it again.  Was quite scary the
first time.  Any thoughts on where to go from here.  Thanks again for
all of the suggestions.

Kristi and Lambert
'74 RWA Midget (Mini Lee)
'77 Midget