Colant Leak

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Colant Leak
From: chuck <cciaffone@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:14:22 -0400
My '72 1275 seems to have developed an overheating problem
due to a coolant leak, which seems to occur just after the thermostat
opens (temp goes up, then up some more, then falls, then rises
bunches). Had a problem popping the thermostat cover so can't
tell whether I messed up the gasket prying off the cover. Did see
some coolant leaking from that area.

Removed radiator and hoses, which all look OK but I'll replace the
hoses.

Gonna pull the water pump, but that seems ok as well.

Is it normal/usual for the thermostat gasket to develop a leak??

thanks 'n all,

chuck