Re: Re: Aren't grandsons great?

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Aren't grandsons great?
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 8:50:10 -0400
Ignorance is bliss?  Ignorance is . . .well, I don't know! ;)

Speaking of licence plates, in Ontario, we have licence plates with a message
across the bottom.  I think it alternates between 2.  "Yours to discover" and
"Keep it beautiful".  When I was in the licence bureau last weekend plating
"rays", the Fiat X1/9, I was getting bored with the process and started looking
at sample plates on the wall.  There was a set of custom plates up that had a
woman's name on it.  I mentioned to the young woman behind the counter that it
might not be appropriate to have a plate with a woman's name on it followed by
"Yours to discover".  She looked and laughed.

In Quebec, they have a message in French that reads "I remember".  It kills me
to not be able to change them to "I forget".

Robert D.