BTA# needed?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: BTA# needed?
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:47:29 -0400
what is the latest cast onto the axle shaft end number for the hardest
perduction axles?
BTA?    i'm having an early into the senior years moment moment here.   just
plain forgot!
my car has a  set of the 70's german made rock hard "break proof" axles wich
the diff will strip it's gears before an axle shaft will break in it so i do
not have an easy refrence sitting here now.  i met a guy this past weekend with
a bugeye from baltimore are who's car revels specman's bugeye in orgininaliy ,
in no rust and darn shiney black showing not 1 wave in it's flawless black
finish racing in last weekend's hillclimb.     he'd like me to email him axle
hardness info.

chuck

Charles Christ
cfchrist@earthlink.net