Re: Helium in Tires

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Helium in Tires
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:07:44 -0700
What's so wrong with the NOS air I have in my spare tire?  If it was
good enough for Donald Healey in November 1959, it must be good enough
now.  Of course, the rubber is another story.  Which is why I have two
spare tires!  (I have to admit that it did not start out to be a spare.
It was on the ground until I changed to Michelin X in 1962, at which
time I put the best 5.20x13 Dunlop Gold Seal white wall in the boot.)

Seriously, I wonder how the air has remained in the spare all of these
years.  I never had a flat with it when it was on the ground, and I have
never added air since putting it in the boot.

Buster