Pulling the engine

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pulling the engine
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:44:19 -0400
I will be pulling the engine this weekend and I have a question on using the
hoist.
My engine leveler has solid steel L shaped pieces to attach to the engine.
The last time I did this on a 948 I used the valve cover studs to lift it
out.  Is that OK or should I use the exhaust manifold studs?  I wonder
whether tilting the motor will strip or flatten the threads on the studs.

Once out I want to strip the current yellow paint off the block and paint it
the proper green.  Any tips on stripping the paint?

Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa