Re: Now I need stuff.

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Now I need stuff.
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:01:22 -0400
derf wrote:

> I need:
> An ignition switch with key and door and trunk locks that take the same
> key.

Derf

You can (I have) taken the one key I had that fit *whatever* on that car
and made it work for the ignition, doors, and boot.
If you do have 1 key and say it fits the ignition, pull out the door and
trunk lock tumblers, insert your key, file the brass tumblers to fit
THAT key. Now one key fits everything, something MG never had ;)
As for theft, it's a ragtop, not real secure, the ignition can be
hotwired in a heartbeat, and how much valuables will be stored in the boot?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ