Vibration

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Vibration
From: Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:42:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

Drove the Midget up/down PCH (Hwy 1) today.  Put over
60 miles on the clock...had fun, he he.  Anyway, I
notice when I decelerate from around 50-60mph, there's
a harmonic vibration of sorts that is coming from the
center of the car.  It's somewhat audible too, like a
buzzing.  This sounds like U-Joints to me.  The
U-Joints seemed to have been alright last time I check
the shaft when I replced the engine/trans 5 months
ago.  There's no other noises or sounds, except when I
decelerate.

What do you guys think?

I dread dropping the driveshaft because it's such a
pain in the ass to put back in.  Oh well.

Thanks,
Mike Rivers
1961 MG Midget 1275