Re: Wire Wheel bearings diagram

To: <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel bearings diagram
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:36:16 -0500
On 8/28/06, derf <derf247@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mo$$ and V$B both have little exploded diagrams available online.
> They are about as good as what you might find in most manuals.  The
> wire hubs are different, but I think most other parts are the same.
> You looking for front or rear or both?  Mo$$ has a little supplemental
> blurb in their catalogs about front bearings and their orientation.
> Cheers,
> Derf

Thanks, Peter & Derf.  I saw the Mo$$ diagram but was hoping for
something a bit mroe instructive for the novice. Guess I can figure it
out though. One front bearing is a little loose but not knowing the
state of the others, I figured on just going through and replacing
them all unless they are made of platinum or something.  Now it sounds
as if there is a tapered roller bearing replacement for this
application. Does anyone have the bearing numbers and/or a set of
instructions for this mod?

Cheers!!
Jim