Re: off to Alaska

To: "Datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: off to Alaska
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 13:23:18 -0500
On 9/1/06, RBHouston@aol.com <RBHouston@aol.com> wrote:

>   In a message dated 9/1/2006 7:48:27 AM Mountain Standard Time,
> bmwwxman@gmail.com writes:
>
> I wonder if anyone ever drove an LBC north from Whitehorse to Dawson
> City??
>
> Cheers!!
> Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City
>
> Not sure about the route, but check
> http://www.mgaguru.com/mg11.htm

Yup!!  They did the whole enchilada!   Too bad about the B-GT guy.  Amazing
that something like falling asleep at the wheel should take a life when
there are so many worse threats out there on those roads!   I first did the
trip in 1976 with amy new BMW motorcycle and was attacked by a bull moose
between Tetlin and Destruction Bay. When he knocked me over I made it into
the trees and climbed up about 15 feet. He pestered me for about an half
hour before he got tired and left! If he'd caught me square on that bike
with those antlers, he'd have made hamburger of me!

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City