Re: Silicone hose for 1275 Cross flow radiator

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Silicone hose for 1275 Cross flow radiator
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:31:18 EDT
Hi list,

Just giving this another push as total numbers are enough for a batch to be
made but the price might be less realistic without a bigger order.

Remember this is a silicone hose in blue or black made to world class
motorsports standards in England for close to the same money for a rubber hose
that
might only last half as long if that.

Regards

Daniel

Subj:   Silicone hose for 1275 Cross flow radiator
Date:   03/09/06
To: spridgets@autox.team.net

Hi list,

I've come back on the list for just this one thing.  I am thinking of having
some blue Silicone hoses made for the A-series engined Spridget (David Doiron
had a the whole set made for the vertical flow radiator cars).  The company
that would make them - Samco  www.samco.co.uk , are a local company to where I
live and have a good if not world class reputation.  If I can get enough (say
50 people) interested the cost of the Hose-radiator to water pump (AHA 8742 /
GRH 510) would work out at around #11.50 a hose + post and packing, maybe a
few
pence +/-.  Not sure what they works out at in dollars but the hose isn't
likely to be that heavy for airmail shipping.

The standard rubber hose costs #7 so it's not that more expensive to go to
blue Silicone and have a longer lasting hose.  It is also be possible to have
black silicone hose rather than blue.

Obviously it would be possible to have all the other 1275 A-series hoses made
but the water pump hose is the most complex and most expensive so seemed like
the best place to start.

So far there are 5 Brits and 1 Aus interested so I need 44 more people for
this to happen - if you're a definite e-mail me direct and if you want a
discussion than post to the list.

Regards

Daniel