Lucas Push Button Starter Solenoid Question

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Lucas Push Button Starter Solenoid Question
From: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 17:20:45 -0400
I'm not familiar with the Lucas Push Button Starter Solenoid as used on
some Sprites and Midgets. I am trying to determine what  the body of the
unit was made from and whether there were several different types. Were
they an aluminum or steel body? Apparently some were made with a cast
alloy body. Were these rare or just typical of how they were
manufactured in the sixties?

I am looking for one with a cast alloy body. If anyone has one they are
interested in parting-with, please contact me off-list.

Thanks in Advance.

--

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct USA