Re: Melted Plastic - no LBC

To: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Melted Plastic - no LBC
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:02:31 -0700 (PDT)
Guy,
     I tried using nail polish remover (acetone), Easy Off Oven Remover
and Turtle Wax Crome Polish.  Of all these products the one that was
the most effective was the chrome polish.  It still did not take off
the larger pieces of plastic though.  In frustration, I fired up the
bike and drove a couple of miles, stopped and pulled out a shop rag.
I wiped all of the plastic off very easily this way.  It actually
came off in small pieces, but left a cloudy residue on the chrome.
I'm sure the Turtle Wax Chrome polish will remove this residue.  It
was the large chuncks of plastic the polish had a problem with.  The
other two products did absolutely nothing.
Mike

Guy R Day