Re: To Ballast or Not

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To Ballast or Not
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:43:16 -0500
rrengineer@dslextreme.com wrote:

I recently inquired with Mallory about what is the correct coil to use
with the Dual Point non-vacuum advance distributor.  Their rep said a
ballasted coil is correct.  I'm running a Lucas Sport coil right now with
my Dual Point and the car seems to be running fine.  Anybody running this
setup on their Spridget?  What are you using for a coil?
Mike MacLean

I am running a Mallory dual point with a Mallory coil. I got the coil that
requires a ballast (I think there are two models with slightly different
numbers - at any rate I confirmed that my coil required a ballast). So I
installed a new ballast. The system has been performing very well. I
recommend it.

Bud Pazur

'60 Bugeye - Street Car - 1275cc - 'Whitey'
Race Bugeye - 948cc - 'Redd'
Race Spridget - 1275cc - 'SilverStreak'

"The Buddha ... resides as comfortably in the gears of a ...transmission as
he does in the petals of a flower."
     - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance