Loose Wheels

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Loose Wheels
From: "Dale Gleason" <inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:05:30 -0500
Think Im reaching my quota here

I have always noticed the camber of my front drivers wheel to be a bit
negative. Kicks out at the bottom just a bit more. Thinking that I may want
to adjust it one day, I have left it alone for other bigger fish.

But today when going through inspection the guy couldnt pass me.
We checked out the wheel and how loose it really was.

It gives in and out from top to bottom  appearing to originate behind the
disc brake between the back plate.

And, even more ominously, it gives left to right, in and out, (without
moving the steering wheel).

So I fear I might be looking at new trunnion link bushings, kingpin, hub
bearings, and fulcrum pin, bushings, and more.....

I have no idea why I didnt catch all this when I re-did the front brakes a
few weeks ago.

I guess what really stinks is that undoubtedly all of it needs to be
replaced. (It appears to be all-original)
And for continuitys sake  on both sides.
 and being that I am $trapped right now, I dont quite know where to start.

I believe I need to switch out the hub bearings to get rid of the movement
between the wheel and the backplate.
But as far as the side to side movement.jeezthis is ah gonna cost me.

Miles
74 Midget