shock absorber secrets

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: shock absorber secrets
From: "Dale Gleason" <inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:03:41 -0500
So I have found that the arm (the shock absorber arm?) coming off of the
shock absorber connecting to the back of the trunnion has gotten loose.
Loose at the point where it meets the actual shock absorber.

There is a large castellated nut with a pin keeping the arm mounted to the
shock absorber. Underneath I can't tell and don't see any bushings.

So, if this area has some play - side to side - am I looking at an entire
shock absorber replacement?

Or, not to come off as the next DPO....

IS THERE some sort of bushing or SECRET to tightening this side to side
looseness up ?

I dunno....maybe I shouldn't have it so tight....
But I think the looseness is translating into some side to side give in the
actual wheel. Switching out the trunnion bushings and bearings cured a great
deal of it......but not quite everything.

Any clues ?
Thanks.
Miles