Faulkner's Law. Real LBC content

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Faulkner's Law. Real LBC content
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 22:16:12 -0700
Just got done  (well, almost done) putting an electric fuel pump in FROG
AYE.  Last week I noticed a larger than usual puddle under the engine.  Upno
further investigation I determined that it was only about half oil and the
other half was gasoline ( I mean Petrol.)  Seemed like a pretty simple job,
putting in an electric fuel pump to eliminate the one that was squirting gas
near the exhaust manifold.  I didn't count on all the fussy things I would
have to do like running wiring and hooking up those darned fuel filters.
Yes, Frank, I did use white wire and I promise to use the correct color wire
from now on ( unless, of course, I can't get it expeditiously and then I
will use what ever color strikes my fancy.)
As a math major, I was always interested in the form of immortality (no, not
immorality!) that great mathematicians and ofther scientists acheived by
naming laws and theorems after themselves (Pythagorean Theorem, Fermat's
Last Theorem, Newtons Laws, etc.)  Thus I have formulated and codified
Faulkner's Law: :It takes longer."  The First Corollary to Faulkner's law is
of course, "It took longer."  The beauty of this is that Faulkner's Law
applies to all forms of endeavor.  It certainly applied to the fuel pump
job: what felt like it should have been a two hour job took me well in
excess of six!

Those of you who were in attendance at the Buster Cluster will recall how
long it took to do a simple brake conversion on FROG AYE, and how about that
king pin on Buster's car?

So now you all know, whenever a job takes longer you can tell people that it
was a simple manifestation of Faulkner's Law.

Any bets on how long it's gonna trake me to hook up the horn so that it
works off the push?  I think I have all the parts....

Hal