Period Cast Aluminum Valve Cover

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Period Cast Aluminum Valve Cover
From: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:28:29 -0400
Does anyone have first hand experience with this exact style of period
valve cover? I'm having a fitment issue with mine.  I am wondering three
things:
1) Is the distance between the studs on the head different between a 948
and a 1275?
The holes for the studs don't line up with the studs on my 1275 head.
They are roughly 3/8" off.
2) Were these specific valve covers supplied with their own rocker cover
bolts, washers and grommets?
The stock cupped washers and grommets can't be used on this cover.
3) Did they use a different rocker cover gasket than stock?
These covers are not as long as the stock covers by roughly 1/4"

I'm not looking for recommendations regarding other covers on the
market. I've got one of those now and know where to buy more of them. I
happen to like these period covers mo better.

--

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/

"If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink."
Vivian Stanshall