in place of SOS

To: "'William Thompson'" <willy1959@gmail.com>,
Subject: in place of SOS
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:15:33 -0500
Frank & Willy,

I may be in the throes of adding a 2 story office to the interior of my shop
over Thanksgiving, rather than dealing with SOS this year.

So, my professional carpentry friends heres what Im dealing with (and
yes, Im looking for advice, plans, and volunteers)

This is a pole barn so theres some substantial lumber that goes
horizontally behind the interior steel walls.

The floor is very level, smooth concrete.

Im going to do an 18 x 24 2 story structure. The shop has a 16 ceiling.
It will be in the corner of one outside wall, and one wall thats shared
with the cold storage side of the shop. All those walls and ceiling of the
shop are very well insulated.

Downstairs, it will be divided, probably in half, giving 2 12 x 18 rooms
one an office, the other a workout room. Or, maybe make the workout room 12
x 12, and devote the leftover space to a closet for the office.

Upstairs, a large guest bedroom, a = bath, and a large walk in closet.

Im figuring on an exterior staircase (interior to the shop, exterior to the
office).

Since the shop is heated, Ill just use small, ventless propane wall heat.

Ideas? Sketches? Detailed building plans? Lumber list? Arrival times?

Wm. Severin Thompson

wsthompson@thicko.com

www.thicko.com <http://www.thicko.com/>

image001.jpg]