Re: Before I go back into "lurk mode":

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>
Subject: Re: Before I go back into "lurk mode":
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 22:45:59 -0400
Bud Osbourne wrote:

>  even though he's never been left stranded (or even delayed) by the
> two Brits, he's paranoid about the possibility of a break down.

Imagine it was 1962, no cell phones, only a very few had AAA, pay phones
were miles away. And people drove these cars daily and they broke down.
What is the worst case scenerio? You have to walk a few miles for help.
That was then, today you make a call from your dead car and wait.
OR get out and fix the damn thing! If you restored it, and maintained
it, you can fix it.
If these cars ran like a modern jap car, what would we talk about?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ