Re: MGB Calipers

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Calipers
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 09:51:13 -0500
> Yes they machined the ears to center the caliper over the Spitfire
> rotor. I suppose if you use the tapered rollers you'd have to machine
> even more.

The part that got me was that they couldn't justify having done this
other than to say that they wanted bigger brakes. They freely
admitted that the stock disk brakes were up to the job, but they
went ahead and added unsprung weight to the front suspension
anyway. They said nothing about any modifications to the MC to
compensate for the greater volume of fluid needed for the bigger
brakes, although I think that could be an issue on a Spridget.
David Lieb