1972 Datsun 510

To: Paul Asgeirsson <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: 1972 Datsun 510
From: William McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 15:34:59 -0700
Thought you might be amused to learn that the Datsun 510 I bought at
auction ($400, including tax and delivery) has over 250,000 miles, 1
or 2 rebuilt 1.8L motors, a 5-speed trans, a paper trail which goes
from PA to VA to Alaska, to Salt Lake, to Las Cruces NM to Arizona,
thousands spent on repairs (many thousands!) and a missing pin at the
base of the gear stick.  With a bolt in there, it shifts, starts,
runs fine and stops, although I haven't taken it out on the road (no
plate).  It was not raced, just driven by an eccentric military (now
ex-military) man.  Judging from the repair bills and appearance, I
have decided to part it out.  Anybody need a part?

Photos still on Yahoo:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wbmcleod/album/576460762314796435

Regards, Bill