Looking at a different hobby car....

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking at a different hobby car....
From: "Dan Gillitzer" <danginah@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 19:07:20 -0500
Hey, thought I'd mention this here first. Well, almost first, I've talked to a
few different people about it.
Got my eye on another convertible, one I know a bit more about, a Mercedes SL.
Used to work on them. But if I really am going to do it, I need the space and
cash and would need to sell the Sprite. Lots of people on this list are
probably familiar with it to a lesser or greater degree. REALLY a tough
decision to make after all this work. I know I got loads more into it than I'd
ever hope to get out of it. I really do like the car but just can't have both.
The SL would be alot better "fit" for what my wife and I really want, which
would be something that you could take somewhere, close it up, lock it, and
not worry about it, and (in theory) she or I could just drive to work and not
worry about the LBC quirks we all find so humorous (like needing barefoot
peoples to push start us. OK, OK, that ones fixed!). It realy is a nicely done
car if I say so. If anyone has any questions you can ask on or off list. Here
is a link to some pics if you don't recall the car:
http://www.spritespot.com/gallery/Sprite-Portfolio
It would be really great if a lister were interested in it.
Dan