Dad's new Brit Car

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dad's new Brit Car
From: "David Riker" <davriker@digitalpath.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 21:08:39 -0700
I inherited my appreciation for the breed from my father, who has owned his
share of British and other interesting autos.  Some on the list might
remember emails I forwarded shortly after 9/11 that my dad had penned as he
visited NY and recorded his observations, or from his trip to Ireland.  He
has also helped Paul A, before he had ever met him, so he is like a honorary
list guest, so to speak.  Anyway, the bug has bit him again, and he has
bought a 74.5 MGBGT off of Craigslist.

Now, my dad travels and works out of a suitcase most of the time, consulting
on oil company computers and such.  He lives in Portland, OR, but has a
second residence in Austin, TX, where the car is now located.  I know it's
not a spridget, but it is an MG, so, ... I was wondering if there were some
listers in, near, or around  Austin that I could get email addresses for
that might be willing or able to help him get this new acquisition on the
road. His discription makes it sound solid, and I've seen pictures.  The
car's immediate needs are to go through the hydraulics, and it has a dcoe
that may need cleaned/rebuilt/or replaced.  Since it is a part time
residency for him, I think his tool access is limited or non-existant.  He
also needs a set (4) of B rostyle wheels, as the car has 4 different non
matching wheels on it.  Any helpers?

David Riker