Re: Since we're discussing brakes...

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Since we're discussing brakes...
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 17:31:08 -0700
Hi Chris,

Not normal for the inner pads to wear sooner than the others.  But it does
sound like the inner piston might be loath to relax.  They don't really
retract on this design.

One thing that comes to mind is DOT 5 has a higher swell factor on brake
rubber than 3 or 4 does.  I'm not saying it's "The" cause, but it might well
be a contributing factor.

Later, Paul A