Making the tonneau fit.

To: inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com
Subject: Making the tonneau fit.
From: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 05:39:37 -0700 (PDT)
Miles,

  Don't drill another hole. Do it the easy way and go down to your wife's
favorite fabric store. Get a piece of nylon webbing / strap along with a snap
setting tool and a male and female set of snaps from Lowe's or Home Depot. Cut
a 1 1/2"  long piece of webbing and attach a male snap on one side and a female
snap on the other side. Snap onto the existing snap and voila! Your cover is
now 3/4" or so longer. Make the webbing as long as you want and cut to fit.
I've done this for my tonneau cover as well as the boot cover.

  I also added an extra snap about 2-3" behind the vent window drilled and
tapped into the rail there. It's a nice thick piece of aluminum under there
about 1/4" thick. Yes they sell snap studs with screw threads. I drilled and
tapped a hole and now tonneau stays snug and secure at speeds and water can't
make it sag in that spot.

  There is only one fastener on the dash BTW, tonneaus came with two fittings
but only one snap was installed, at least on Bugsy my '68 sprite.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Cincinnati, OH

Why keep checking for Mail? The all-new Yahoo! Mail shows you when there are
new messages.