Horn - last electrical problem

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Horn - last electrical problem
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:00:43 -0500
With the help of this list I've sorted out all the electrical problems (that
I know of) in the Bug-eye, with a lone exception - the non-stock horn.  The
horn works when I ground it to the chassis, but not when I ground it to the
steering column.  There is just over a one volt drop in potential on the
steering column compared to the chassis.  Apparently this lower voltage is
enough to keep the horn from working.

Suggestions?  How to better ground the steering column?  Ground the horn
some other way?  Install a relay?  I'm open to any and all ideas.

Thanks to all for the help to date.  It has been fun and satisfying sorting
this all out.

Jim Pickard
B9473298 ('65 Tiger)
AN5L/12109 ('59 Sprite)