Re: Sumitomo Tires for Bugeye

To: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>,
Subject: Re: Sumitomo Tires for Bugeye
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:54:25 -0400
FWIW, I just put a set of 165/70R13 Sumitomo HTR T4 tires on my
squarebody. I haven't had a chance to get roarty with them, but they
do fine for city and highway driving. They have more 'settled' feel
in hard cornering than the previous Michelin 145R13s had. I'm not
sure if that is better in terms of fun... I haven't been able to get
them into a four wheel drift yet. But again, it's only been six days
of use. BTW, compared to the other tires available, they look pretty
good, too.

Be aware that as a pseudo-Dunlop tire, they arrive with lots of
release agent. Don't try to peg your G-meter until you've put at
least 50 miles on them.

--
Jeffrey H. Boatright, Ph.D.
Associate Professor