Suitable Motorcycle engine for a Spridget...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Suitable Motorcycle engine for a Spridget...
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:06:52 EDT
>From Hemmings...
Motorcycles
Diesel smoke, dangerous curves

Choppers that burn oil are nothing new, but this one is  different: it's
supposed to burn oil... it's a  diesel!Let's get one thing straight: Your
resident
 motorcycle writer thinks choppers are as silly as Brooks and Dunn. Be that
as it  may, I'll call out some cool innovation when I see it.
Neander Motorcycles in  Germany has been making some noise (pun intended)
with its new chopper powered  by a 1,340cc turbodiesel inline twin good for
about
100hp. The real news is  torque. This bike churns out a neck-snapping
143-lbs.ft. of torque at just 2,400  rpm, which should generate an awful lot of
go in
the crucial 40 to 80 roll-on  acceleration department.
Build one that looks like a Moto Guzzi V7 Sport and  I'll put my order in
next week.
- By Craig Fitzgerald

Should be  plenty of torque for a Spridget!

Robert  Houston
Texan in NM

73 MG Midget
74.5 MGBGT
63  TR4

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first  woman she
meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill  again...
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23877.html#email)
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Unknown/) Marin  County newspaper's TV
listing for "The Wizard of
Oz"