FROG AYE. throttle cable, and grandpa's ign wrenches.

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: FROG AYE. throttle cable, and grandpa's ign wrenches.
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:58:09 -0700
True to form the list told me exactly where to look for the problem of the
runaway idle on FROG AYE.  The pedal end was frayed and hanging on the cable
sheath.  A quick trip to the local bike shop yielded a teflon coated cable
with a specially lined housing for extra smoperation.  Two for the price of
one of the official cables purchassed from the usual suspects.
The challenge was getting the old cable out of the funny little stop on the
carburetor end.  Finally I thought to look in the roll of ignition wrenches
that my Dad had gotten from his Dad (who had been a mechanic and later owned
a Ford dealership in Severy, Kansas) Lo-and-behold there were two 7/32
wrenches, one of which is a "Blue Point" and looks just like a miniature of
a real sized wrench!  Got the job done, though with a little fussing and
only minimal use of "expletives deleted."
It did take longer, however.

Thanks to all who replied.

Hal