Re: Another Bugeye question

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Another Bugeye question
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:42:23 -0600
Frank,
         The earliest Bugeyes had rear shock number 7335... which you
have... I've seen them. The arms are slightly longer than the later
Bugeye, and the balance of the 1/4 elliptic models number 7401
shocks. Semi-elliptic are 8681. (numbers are stamped on the bottom of
one of the mounting ears)

         Links... 1/4 elliptic car's links have studs which both face
the same direction. Semi-elliptic studs face opposite.
         Part number for the links are stamped into the shaft.
Earliest links.... what you need, are stamped 7348. Later 1/4
elliptic links are stamped 7433. Semi-elliptic links are stamped
8407. Because of the tapered hole in the shock arm, the links will
only go one way, as Paul A aptly reminds us.

         Hope this helps a little.
Peter C