Computer Question - Outlook Express - Off Topic

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Computer Question - Outlook Express - Off Topic
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 11:32:35 EST
Off topic, but I could use some help.

Tuesday afternoon my email on Outlook Express (yes I know there are other
programs and Apple is better, etc, but I am stuck with this for now) took a
dump.  All emails from 10/16/06 forward disappeared.  Some 40-60  emails a day.

Also, I could send messages, but not recieve them.   Actually, they appreared
to be received, but would not show  up in my  inbox.

After our  "Director of Systems" came and spent some 8 hours+ working  on
this, things are restored...BUT he deleted three years worth of folders
containing all my business correspondence and reports for vendors and
customers.

I had deleted a few thousand "less important" emails yesterday, and a few  of
 the missing emails (like 6) showed up.

All of the "missing" emails from the 31st and 1st are there now, but heaven
help me if I need any of my old stuff.

Is there a setting I don't know about that limits the size of the
files/folders in Outlook?  If that's the case, why wouldn't deleting a few  of
the
folders allow the 60 or so missing emails to appear?

Again, I know Microsoft is the devil and Outlook is useless, yadda, yadda,
yadda, but any advice on how to save, recover, my old emails, and how to
prevent  this recurring in the future.  I know my wife's work limits her number
of
emails at the server and she is forced to delete the old ones, but I've never
had that problem in the past, and I can't tell you how may times finding a
year  old email has saved my ass.

Robert  Houston
Texan in NM

73 MG Midget
74.5 MGBGT
63  TR4

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first  woman she
meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill  again...
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23877.html#email)
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Unknown/) Marin  County newspaper's TV
listing for "The Wizard of
Oz"