Re: Car Audio Amps.

To: Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Subject: Re: Car Audio Amps.
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 08:41:31 -0600
I've been out of the car stereo market for a while, too.  But, I always had
good luck with Rockford Fosgate.  I am kinda biased because Rockford took
over Hafler.  I was a big Hafler fan back in the 80s.  I've been in Dolby
Labs' screening room in San Fransisco and saw they were using souped-up old
Hafler amps about 1.5 years ago, which is pretty good for 20 year old amps.
I also like the fact that the Rockford "Punch" series of amps was rated
realistically.  Their "Pucnh 45" was rated at 22.5 watts per channel and was
much better than most amps rated at 100 watts or more.  I would google
"Rockford Fosgate", "car stereo competition", and grab a few brand names
from there and see what I could find.
Let us know what you come up with.
Cheers,
Derf